We are doing a blog spot on varies dog breeds to help you determine what type of dog is the right pet for you. Remember each type of dog has different temperaments, size and energy level. If possible see the parents of your pooch to get an idea of how you puppy will act in the future. When adopting you normally can't find that information but ask plenty of questions with the adoption agency to find out the dog temperament and research that breed.
Today we will help you learn more about the fun and friendly Labrador Retriever. Here are some positive traits of a Labrador Retriever:
* Kind and Fun loving
* Very Socialable
* Very Athletic and need lots of activity
* Get along with a variety of animals
* Easy to maintain their short hair coat
* Very intelligent and trainable
Some negative traits
* Needs high impact activity daily
* Very energetic if not given enough exercise
* Mouthy: love to chewy on whatever they can get their mouths on including biting your hand.
* Sheds heavily
If the Labrador Retriever sounds right for you then make sure you can give them enough exercise. He can be your life long friend, so train him consistently from day 1 and have plenty of chew toys and treats to redirect his attention. I hope this blog helps you to determine if a Labrador Retriever is the right dog for you! Feel free to ask any questions or if you have a specific breed you would like to know more about. Thank you!